The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has announced the killing of two Palestinian militant figures, including a Hamas operative accused of taking part in the October 7, 2023 attack on Israel.
In a statement issued on Sunday, the IDF said Ahmad Bayouk was eliminated in a joint operation with the Israel Security Agency. The military alleged that Bayouk infiltrated the Re’im military base during the October 7 assault and had since been involved in efforts to rebuild militant capabilities and coordinate attacks against Israeli troops.
The IDF also confirmed the killing of Azem Abu Huli, identified as the head of the Nukhba Array in the Central Camps sector of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. According to Israeli authorities, Abu Huli was responsible for weapons procurement and overseeing training activities.
The October 7 attack, carried out by Hamas fighters who crossed from Gaza into southern Israel, left about 1,200 people dead and roughly 250 taken hostage. The assault prompted the Israeli government to declare war and launch an extensive military campaign in Gaza.
Israel’s response has included sustained airstrikes and ground operations targeting militant infrastructure. However, the offensive has also resulted in widespread destruction of civilian areas, with homes, schools, hospitals, and refugee camps damaged or destroyed.
Palestinian health authorities report that tens of thousands of people have been killed since the conflict began, including women, children, and journalists. Large swathes of Gaza have been reduced to rubble, and essential services such as water, electricity, and healthcare have largely collapsed.
The humanitarian crisis has deepened as many residents have been displaced multiple times, facing severe shortages of food, medicine, and shelter.
Earlier on Sunday, SaharaReporters reported that at least nine Palestinians were killed in Israeli airstrikes in northern and southern Gaza. Palestinian civil defence and health officials said four people died when a strike hit a tent encampment housing displaced families, while another airstrike in Khan Younis reportedly killed five others.

