Contact Info

  • ADDRESS: Oyo, Nigeria

  • PHONE: +234 806 762 7209

  • E-MAIL: info@dreportorialmedia.com

  • Home  
  • Donald Trump Threatens Fresh Military Action Against Iran Over Nuclear Talks
- News - International

Donald Trump Threatens Fresh Military Action Against Iran Over Nuclear Talks

United States President has threatened Iran with possible military action if ongoing nuclear negotiations between Washington and Tehran collapse at the final stage. Trump made the remarks on Wednesday amid rising tensions and accusations from Iranian officials that the United States was preparing for another round of attacks. Speaking to reporters, Trump said discussions with […]

United States President has threatened Iran with possible military action if ongoing nuclear negotiations between Washington and Tehran collapse at the final stage.

Trump made the remarks on Wednesday amid rising tensions and accusations from Iranian officials that the United States was preparing for another round of attacks.

Speaking to reporters, Trump said discussions with Iran were nearing a decisive point, warning that failure to reach an agreement could lead to severe consequences.

“We’re in the final stages with Iran. We’ll see what happens. Either we have a deal or we’re going to do some things that are a little bit nasty,” Trump said.

He also indicated that Washington was considering military options but preferred a diplomatic solution that would minimise casualties.

During a separate address at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, Trump repeated the warning, stating that the United States “may have to hit them very hard” while insisting Iran would never be allowed to develop nuclear weapons.

The latest tension comes weeks after Trump reportedly suspended Operation Epic Fury under a ceasefire arrangement aimed at creating room for peace talks following months of U.S.-Israeli strikes on Iran.

Despite the ceasefire, negotiations have remained stalled, with both sides continuing to trade threats through indirect channels.

Iranian authorities reacted strongly to Trump’s comments. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps warned that any renewed attack on Iran would trigger retaliation extending beyond the Middle East.

“If aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will extend beyond the region this time,” the Guards said in a statement.

Iran’s parliament speaker and chief negotiator, , accused the United States of making both open and hidden preparations for fresh military strikes.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman also criticised Washington over restrictions affecting Iranian ports and ships, describing the actions as “piracy.”

Baghaei said Iran remained committed to negotiations despite deep suspicions about America’s intentions.

Pakistan has continued mediation efforts between both countries, with a Pakistani official visiting Tehran on Wednesday to deliver messages as diplomatic contacts continue.

Iran recently submitted another proposal to Washington, though reports suggest the offer largely repeated earlier demands previously rejected by the Trump administration.

Tehran is said to be demanding compensation for war damages, removal of sanctions, release of frozen assets, arrangements concerning the Strait of Hormuz and withdrawal of U.S. troops from the region.

The Strait of Hormuz has remained a major source of tension since Iran restricted access for many foreign vessels during the conflict, disrupting global oil supplies.

Although Iran says some friendly nations can still access the route under certain conditions, Washington has rejected any arrangement involving Iranian control or transit fees.

Baghaei said Iran was willing to cooperate with on a new security framework for the strategic waterway.

Meanwhile, shipping activity has gradually resumed. Reports said two Chinese oil tankers carrying about four million barrels of crude passed through the strait on Wednesday after restrictions were reportedly eased for Chinese vessels. South Korea also confirmed that one of its tankers was moving through the area in coordination with Iranian authorities.

The continued exchange of threats has affected global oil markets, with Brent crude prices reportedly falling nearly five per cent on Wednesday amid hopes that diplomacy could still succeed.

Analysts say Trump is facing growing political pressure at home as rising fuel prices threaten Republican chances ahead of congressional elections later this year.

The conflict involving Iran, the United States and has killed thousands since tensions escalated earlier this year.

Israeli military operations in Lebanon targeting the Iran-backed Hezbollah group have displaced hundreds of thousands, while Iranian retaliatory strikes on Israel and Gulf states have also caused casualties.

Trump and Israeli Prime Minister have defended the military campaign as part of efforts to weaken Iran’s regional influence, dismantle its nuclear programme and destroy its missile capabilities.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About Us

D Reportorial Media is a dynamic news blog platform committed to in-depth journalism, reliable reporting, and meaningful storytelling. We focus on delivering well-researched content across politics, society, culture, tourism, entertainment, health, technology, and global affairs. Designed for readers who value clarity and substance, our stories go beyond headlines to unpack the full picture

Email Us: info@dreportorialmedia.com

Contact: +234 806 762 7209

dreportorialmedia @2025. All Rights Reserved.

Translate »