The National Coordinator and Executive Director of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, George Nwabueze, has released additional documents in an effort to prove that the controversial office is a legitimate project under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
Nwabueze shared the documents on his LinkedIn page on Sunday, including a July 19, 2010 letter purportedly issued by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
The letter, referenced NIG@ 50/S. 7/C,3/45 and signed by Dominic Y.E. on behalf of the SGF, was addressed to “Buchi George,” then identified as the Executive Director of The Hats Centre in Owerri, Imo State.

Titled “Re: Endorsement of Our Project, Made in Naija, to be Held in Ireland,” the letter acknowledged receipt of a proposal dated July 16, 2010, requesting government endorsement for a “Made in Naija” project planned for Ireland as part of Nigeria’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
The letter directed the organisers to forward the proposal to the Nigerian High Commission in Ireland for possible consideration.

Reacting to the document, Nwabueze said the records demonstrated that the Made in Nigeria initiative had been connected to the OSGF for about 16 years.
He questioned how the programme could only have come to public attention in 2026 if it had existed since 2010, insisting that the office remained committed to national development.
Nwabueze also posted graphics promoting the activities of the office, including slogans such as “Localise national products, industrialise Nigeria” and “Our products. Our pride. Our progress.”
The materials outlined objectives including promoting local manufacturing, creating jobs and wealth, reducing dependence on imports and improving the global competitiveness of Nigerian-made products.
However, the authenticity of the 2010 letter could not be independently verified.
The latest development comes amid an ongoing controversy over the status of the office following allegations by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission that it was operating as a fake federal agency.
The ICPC said an investigation into the alleged Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council led to the discovery of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office.
According to the commission, the office had been allocated space within the OSGF premises without presidential authorisation, while Nwabueze was identified as its promoter.
Nwabueze has repeatedly rejected the allegations, maintaining that the office is a project office under the OSGF and has existed for 16 years.
He had earlier produced an appointment letter dated October 3, 2025, purportedly issued by the OSGF, approving his appointment as National Coordinator and Executive Director of the Made in Nigeria Project Office.
He also shared another document showing that the office had applied to the OSGF in April 2025 for special project status.
The controversy intensified after the ICPC announced that President Bola Tinubu had ordered Nwabueze’s arrest over his alleged involvement in operating and promoting the organisation.
Nwabueze, however, continues to insist that the office is legitimate and has challenged the allegations against it.

