Contact Info

  • ADDRESS: Oyo, Nigeria

  • PHONE: +234 806 762 7209

  • E-MAIL: info@dreportorialmedia.com

  • Home  
  • Terrorists Demand Talks With Makinde Over Oyo School Abductions
- News - Insecurity

Terrorists Demand Talks With Makinde Over Oyo School Abductions

Suspected terrorists who abducted pupils and teachers from three schools in Esinele, Yamota and Alawusa communities in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State have reportedly opened communication with the state government, insisting on speaking only with Governor . According to sources familiar with the development, the kidnappers declined to negotiate with families of the […]

Suspected terrorists who abducted pupils and teachers from three schools in Esinele, Yamota and Alawusa communities in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State have reportedly opened communication with the state government, insisting on speaking only with Governor .

According to sources familiar with the development, the kidnappers declined to negotiate with families of the victims, demanding direct discussions with the governor or his representatives.

“They said they only want to speak with the governor and nobody else. That is the condition they gave for negotiations,” one source disclosed.

Although details of the negotiations and possible demands remain unclear, insiders described the communication as a positive step amid growing concerns over the fate of the abducted victims.

A senior source said security operatives were being cautious due to the risks involved in any rescue attempt.

“It is not that security agencies do not know what to do, but the risks are high. The important thing now is that communication has been established,” the source stated.

The Special Adviser to the governor on Security, , declined to comment on the matter.

The victims, including toddlers reportedly aged between two and three years, have now spent over a week in captivity following the attack on the schools last Friday.

Residents and community leaders expressed fears that worsening weather conditions and movement through dense forests could endanger the captives further.

Sources within the affected communities claimed the abductors had been moving the victims through forests and across state borders to evade security operatives.

“We are worried about their safety. We do not know how they are surviving. Some of the abducted children are just two years old,” a community leader said.

Meanwhile, fear has continued to spread across Ogbomoso and neighbouring communities, forcing many parents to withdraw their children from schools.

Investigations revealed that attendance in both public and private schools across communities such as Ikose, Ikoyi, Tewure and Dananu dropped sharply after the incident.

Teachers also expressed concerns over safety following reports that two teachers lost their lives during the crisis.

One of the victims, former Assistant Headmaster , was buried on Friday in Ogbomoso amid emotional scenes attended by government officials, union leaders, family members and sympathisers.

Another abducted teacher, , was reportedly beheaded while in captivity, intensifying fear among teachers and residents.

Teachers in the affected areas described the atmosphere as traumatic, saying many educators were now reluctant to work in remote communities vulnerable to attacks.

A teacher in Ogbomoso said panic worsened after rumours of armed men near a secondary school triggered chaos among students earlier in the week.

According to her, one student died after being hit by a vehicle while fleeing the scene, while the boy’s mother reportedly died from shock after hearing the news.

Another teacher said many parents now escort their children to school and return to pick them up immediately after classes due to growing insecurity.

“What we need now is visible security around schools and communities. Parents and teachers want reassurance that they are safe,” she said.

The Oyo State Commissioner for Information, , blamed panic in parts of the state on misinformation circulating online.

He accused some bloggers of sharing misleading videos capable of escalating fear among residents.

“Yes, the government is aware of developments within the affected communities, but many of the incidents being circulated are linked to fake news on social media,” he said.

During the funeral of Adesiyan, Governor Makinde, represented by officials of the state government, assured residents that efforts were ongoing to secure the release of all victims still in captivity.

The state chairman of the Nigeria Union of Teachers, , described the slain teacher as a dedicated and peace-loving professional whose death was a painful loss to the education sector.

Meanwhile, relatives of Oyedokun appealed to Nigerians to stop sharing graphic videos and images linked to his killing, saying the circulation of such content had deepened the family’s trauma.

The incident has reignited concerns over rising insecurity and the safety of schools in rural parts of Nigeria, where teachers and pupils increasingly face threats of kidnapping and violent attacks.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About Us

D Reportorial Media is a dynamic news blog platform committed to in-depth journalism, reliable reporting, and meaningful storytelling. We focus on delivering well-researched content across politics, society, culture, tourism, entertainment, health, technology, and global affairs. Designed for readers who value clarity and substance, our stories go beyond headlines to unpack the full picture

Email Us: info@dreportorialmedia.com

Contact: +234 806 762 7209

dreportorialmedia @2025. All Rights Reserved.

Translate »